Tuesday, August 22, 2017

For the Benefit of Mr. Kite


For the Benefit of Mr. Kite, remember that song from the Beatles St. Peppers album? For the benefit of the Mr. Kite I know I want to give a little plug for the parachutes he makes for RC sailplanes.   http://4mrkite.com/Chutes.html  Super Chutes by Mr. Kite is his website

Mr Kite



 For the Benefit of Mr. Kite song https://youtu.be/8LCclVtFR6o



Tow Ring Wedged, Sailplane would not come off line


Mr. Kite Super Chutes


The High Drag Parachute 


A few weeks ago I had posted on Facebook a picture of a split tow ring that had somehow wedged on the towhook of my Allegro Lite RC sailplane on a hi-start launch. My friend Craig Christenson better known as Mr. Kite sent me a surprise package of a better split ring and two of the parachutes he makes and sells. I was not real happy with the parachute I had because it created too much drag and I was not getting the launch height I should much of the time. 


Super Chute Ready for Launch


Switching out the parachute that came with my otherwise good hi-start with one of the Mr. Kite chutes made my launches higher without stretching as much on a day with little wind. The other parachute was larger, had parachute lines made from strap material and had no hole in the top.  It was no wonder it pulled so hard through the air. 







Craig is really an interesting guy that not only flies RC sailplanes and kites but also is a DJ for events and does kite demonstrations. He really likes the classic cars and the older Volkswagen cars. I really enjoy checking all the classic car images he shares on Facebook, especially the old cars with the huge fins. There was a video done on his activities that was shown on KSMQ Public Television for the program Off 90 be sure to check it out.


Dig Those Fins


Bill Kuhl
http://www.ideas-inspire.com


<br />

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Mr. Kite is my buddy also... When I'm in Tucson(sand, rocks, & cactus) my chutes wear out really fast!

    ReplyDelete