Friday, February 27, 2015

Aviation Interested Student at Science Fair

I caught up with the student I had given some ideas to for a science fair project relating to designing and testing airfoil sections. He had designed the airfoil sections using a online program provided by NASA, I provided him with the foam cutting equipment I use for for model airplanes.






One wing section was mainly flat on the bottom, another was pretty much symmetrical, and a flat piece of foam was also tested. The airfoils were tested at three different speeds, lift force created was measured with an electronic force probe.









From the data obtained it appeared the results were what had been expected from the data outputted in the simulator program.










It was so much fun helping this young man and he seemed really excited to see me when I found him at the science fair.






Bill Kuhl
http://www.ideas-inspire.com


Be Sure to Read the First Article

Airfoils and Aviation Inspired Student

No comments:

Post a Comment