Friday, June 22, 2018

More Videos, Hopefully Better Video

I purchased a new computer this year with the main goal to create better videos, besides that my old computer was several years old and really slow. The new computer is tiny in size but powerful and runs really cool. After several years of publishing this blog I am amazed at how many views there have been over time, very close to 300,000 now.  If video is done well, I think it is more interesting than written articles. In that I am doing most of this by myself, it is rather hard to get images and video of model airplanes while flying at the same time.




The first videos will probably be more still images because that is what I have to tell the story. Besides model airplanes I hope to get back to more science and other videos. Mainly I just hope to keep learning, improve, and have fun. I have been thinking a lot about what makes an interesting story for the intended audience.  My most recent narrated video is a story about how I decided to build a free flight PeeWee 30 model and what I needed to learn. I have much to learn about narration and editing but will keep working on it.


Witch Hawk 500


I am really close to finishing up a couple of free flight models for the 2018 contest season. The Witch Hawk 500 is my first larger glow powered free flight using a K&B .19 engine for power. This is the first time running an engine on bladder pressure so I have been running it on a test stand. 




Almost completed is an E36 NOS free flight model, design by Don DeLoach of a classic glow model the Eureka. My skill level is still where I do not feel comfortable with really fast climbing airplanes, this should be more my speed.


Eureka E36 NOS

I have made one short flight with the 1/2 A Streak model built this winter, broke the fragile plastic prop and it started to rain so did not get anymore flights in.


1/2 A Streak


In the works are a couple of videos, one about free flight history and the older design models I have built because of my interest in model aviation history. Another video is about my model aviation history, and most of the different aspects of the hobby that I have enjoyed.

Bill Kuhl


No comments:

Post a Comment