|Mousetrap Car Race|
Below is an outline of what I wanted to present, it worked well for a 40 minute presentation:
My Basic Outline for Mousetrap Car Demonstration
* Talk about my father and his farm machinery inventions.
* My interest in model airplanes led to building and flying events for kids, I wanted to expand to more types of model projects and came across mousetrap cars.
* I watched some videos of mousetrap cars on the Internet and was amazed at the number of views.
|First Mousetrap Car I Design Built from Bamboo|
* My purchase of the Doc Fizzix book on mousetrap cars gave me the background to design my own cars using different materials; the first car was built mainly from bamboo. I also purchased Doc Fizzix kits and started an online friendship with Doc Fizzix, Alden Balmer a truly outstanding teacher.
|College for Kids Class Mousetrap Cars|
* In teaching a project building class at local university, I had students build mousetrap cars every year.
|Lever Arm Attached to Spring on Mousetrap Car|
* Mousetrap cars are a wonderful for teaching force and motion, I would mention Newton’s Laws of Motion especially the first law relating to getting an object at rest moving.
|Large Drive Wheel Mousetrap Car|
* I would demonstrate mousetrap cars with long lever arms which moved slowly, cars with short leverage arms were much faster, and a mousetrap car with a very large drive wheel is also slower.
|Start of Mousetrap Car Race|
* There would be a mousetrap car race between two cars. By attaching a length of yarn to mousetrap car, a person sitting could easily release the car.